Hello, Fall 2020. The weather may be cooling down but the real estate market is HOT and sellers have the advantage. Florida is currently experiencing the lowest inventory in 20 years and
Top Outdoor Activities in Brevard County
Dated: January 31 2019
Brevard County is full of year-round outdoor activities for both residents and visitors. From nature parks to beaches, to zoos, and more, let’s explore some of the most popular activities sure to please vacationers and community members.
- Cocoa Beach and Cocoa Beach Pier – Ever the quintessential Florida beach town, Cocoa Beach is six miles of pristine beach featuring three oceanfront parks fully equipped with picnic areas, children’s play areas, as well as restrooms and showers. Along Cocoa Beach, you can enjoy fun in the sun including swimming, beachcombing, surfing, and fishing by day and adult entertainment by night at the beach clubs, bars, grills, and cafes. Not to miss is the 800 feet long Cocoa Beach Pier, offering fishing rentals, access to beach volleyball, and more!
- Port Canaveral – Filled to overflowing with outdoor activities galore, Port Canaveral is home to Jetty Park, 35 acres of outdoor recreation opportunities – from the lifeguard protected beach to the 1,200 feet fishing pier to Pavilion Rentals for a family picnic to the brand-new playground. Port Canaveral is also home to sport fishing charters, bike paths, campgrounds, and marinas. At night dine or dance under the stars at the Cove restaurants and bars.
- Historic Downtown Melbourne – For those in search of outdoor shopping opportunities surrounded by a quaint and classic downtown feel, Historic Downtown Melbourne is the place! Offering a wide variety of gift and specialty shops amid, Historic Downtown Melbourne is also home to cooking classes, 5K runs, candlelight shopping, the fabulous year-round Friday Fest, and the famous Downtown Food and Wine Festival.
- Historic Cocoa Village – If you adore festivals and special events, then Historic Cocoa Village is the outdoor venue for you. Featuring annual outdoor events like Mardi Gras, a number of Arts and Crafts Fairs, Live Music at the Gazebo, the fabulous Farmer’s Market, and Winter Ice Skating, Historic Cocoa Village has something for everyone all year long. In addition, Historic Cocoa Village is home to numerous charming and eclectic shops, restaurants, and bars for you to enjoy inside or out.
- Ritch Grissom Memorial Wetlands at Viera – Outdoor lovers will adore the 200 acres of wildlife at the Ritch Grissom Memorial Wetlands at Viera. Accessible on foot or by car, the wetlands offer sightings of local birds and native wildlife, including alligators, otters, sandhill cranes, herons, bald eagles, and Crested Caracara, as well as a vast array of beautiful wildflowers. The Ritch Grissom Memorial Wetlands are a favorite of photographers, eco-tourists, and birders year-round.
- Dolphin and Manatee Sightseeing Tours – More an adventure than an activity, there is nothing quite so exciting as spotting a dolphin or manatee in the wild. There are a number of tours available in the Brevard County, from private charters to kayak eco-tours along the Indian River, home to an estimated 800 plus dolphins, one-third of the nation’s manatees, a diverse menagerie of birds.
- A Day at the Park – Brevard County is home to more than 100 parks, including multiple campgrounds and golf courses, as well as a wide array of nature centers, conservation areas, and endangered species sanctuaries, so if you’re looking for more of a do-it-yourself activity, you are sure to find one to please.
Whatever outdoor activities you enjoy, Brevard County is the perfect place to vacation or to call home. From beaches to fishing, golfing to boating, eco-tourism to nature walks, outdoor festivals to al fresco dining – the perfect outdoor adventure is waiting for you in Brevard County every day of the year.
Latest Blog Posts
It’s all about inventory and, simply put, the real estate market has more buyers looking to purchase a home than sellers selling their homes. This type of housing climate has greatly tipped
Home prices are rising and today’s mortgage holders are reaping the rewards. A reward of nearly $457 billion collectively, to be exact.According to Corelogic’s 2019 3rd Quarter Homeowner